10 days Sri Lanka Beach tour
Day 1 – Arrival and booking in to a hotel in Kandy.
You will arrive at Bandaranaike International Airport today in accordance with your nine-night and ten-day travel itinerary. A representative from Lanka Safe Tours will meet and greet you at the airport. After that, get in your car and drive to Kandy, stopping along the way to see the Pinnawala elephant orphanage.
In Sri Lanka, Pinnawala is a unique location to watch elephants. The institute was founded in 1975 by the Sri Lanka Department of Wildlife Conservation to care for juvenile elephants that were abandoned and lost in the untamed forests. These lovely animals are adopted, raised, and reproduced in captivity. It is situated 13 kilometres northeast of Kegalle town in Pinnawala village. The world’s largest herd of captive elephants resides at the Pinnawala orphanage. Starting at 9 a.m. When is the best time to visit the orphanage to 1 p.m. As a result, this is when young elephants are fed milk and given their regular bath. The opportunity for the visitors to observe these domesticated elephants playing and bathing in the surrounding river is fantastic.
Day 2 – Kandy City Tour
You are free to explore the gorgeous city of Kandy on your second day of travel, and we’ll take you to a few surrounding destinations as well. After breakfast, our car will pick you up at the hotel. The Temple of the Tooth Relic (Sri Dalada Maligawa), one of Sri Lanka’s most well-known tourist destinations, is among the locations we will visit. For all Buddhists around the world, it is a very important and cherished location. It is the temple where the left canine tooth of the Buddha is honoured. In 1988, UNESCO declared it a treasure of world culture.
Your next stop will be the Bahirawakanda Temple on the Bahirawakanda hill, a well-liked tourist destination known for its spectacular Buddha sculpture. We’ll eventually make our way to the Kandy viewpoint, which providesa comprehensive viewe of the city. Thenext stopt is the nearby market, where you may purchase a variety of items, including organic foods and gifts. Our next outing will take us to the National Gems and Gemmological Museum, a museum where you can learn about the gems in Sri Lanka. Furthermore, it offers in-depth information about Sri Lanka’s lengthy history, which spans back 4.6 billion years. Also on display are some of the most amazing minerals ever discovered. The Kandy Cultural Dance Show will be our next stop. The dance emotions, and cultural history of Sri Lanka are showcased in this breath-taking performance. Since the dancers from the Kandy Lake club have been doing it since roughly 1982, you shouldn’t miss it. Its primary objective is to present each dance from Sri Lanka on a single stage. The final stop is the Kandy shopping center. After spending the entire day discovering each destination you willd be driven back to your accommodation in the late afternoon.
Day 3 – Kandy to Ella
You will have the most fantastic train journey to the wonderful Ella city on the third day of your tour. You will be driven to the train station in Nanu Oya to board the train. On the way into the highlands, you might come across mountains, waterfalls, and lovely vegetation. Along the journey, you’ll stop at a few places, like the 109-meter-tall Ramboda Falls, Sri Lanka’s eleventh-tallest waterfall (358 ft). The Damro Labookellie Tea Centre and Tea Garden, the oldest tea institution in Sri Lanka, will be the destination of our upcoming excursion. A free factory tour and tastings of tea are available.
We’ll stop at a few well-known locations en route to the charming town of Nuwara Eliya, including Gregory Lake, where you may have a pony ride and savor a delicious lunch. After that, we’ll proceed to the Nuwara Eliya post office. It is one of Sri Lanka’s oldest post offices and has a distinctive design. You’ll then be driven to the Nanu Oya Railway Station, where you’ll board the train for the most amazing ride to the gorgeous city of Ella. It is one of the most romantic rail journeys in Sri Lanka. Taking in the stunning vistas of Sri Lanka’s beautiful green tea estates, mountains, bridges, valleys, and dense wilderness is a must-do activity. It’s also the best way to learn about Sri Lankan culture. Chat with other commuters, wave to kids running by the tracks, and eat the hot delicacies sold by the vendors who board the train at each stop. After the train ride, you’ll be escorted to your overnight location. It’s also the best way to learn about Sri Lankan culture. Chat with other commuters, wave to kids running by the tracks, and eat the hot delicacies sold by the vendors who board the train at each stop. After the train ride, you’ll be escorted to your overnight location.
Day 4 – Ella to Yala
On the fourth day, you’ll embark on an expedition to Yala National Park. The Nine Arch Bridge is worth watching again because of its grandeur and striking architecture, even if you already saw it on your train excursion. We’ll see it following breakfast. The Nine Arch Bridge is also known as The Bridge in the Sky. It is a Colonial-era structure with a viaduct bridge design. You will next be brought to Little Adam’s Peak, also known as Mini Adam’s Peak or Little Sri Pada, due to the similarities between the two summits. A magnificent peak covered in tea plantations is reached by a straightforward ascent to Little Adams Peak, where you can see people plucking tea. Stunning views can be found in dense rainforests.
After that, we’ll make a stop at the Ravana Falls, also known as Ravana Ella and named for the legendary king Ravana, before continuing on to Yala. King Ravana was reputedly taken hostage by Princess Sita and later hid her in a cave beneath the waterfall. It is the thickest autumn in the nation. In the rainier months, the waterfall resembles an Areca blossom. For your safari tour, we will next proceed directly to Yala National Park, the second-largest in the country and one that is bordered by the Indian Ocean. The public has access to just two of the park’s five blocks, Ruhunu and Kumana national parks. Yala was established as an animal sanctuary around 1900. After the safari, you will be taken to the hotel for supper and a night’s stay.
Day 5 and 6 – Yala to Tangalle and Tangalle Beach
On day five, you will be travelling to Tangalle; the town of Tangalle is situated in the Hambantota district of Sri Lanka’s Southern Province. The city has a typical tropical atmosphere and is well known for its lengthy expanses of beaches. This town’s Tangalla Beach has frequently received votes from locals, visitors, and travelers as the best beach. An unfathomably large stretch of white sand, blue waves, and towering palm trees with hints of mangrove trees can be seen at Tangalla Beach. The beach is uninhabited and located a distance from the bustle of the city. Tangalle is a shelter for peace seekers since it is a quiet and peaceful beach. You will be spending both days five and six in Tangalle. You can visit a lot of beaches, like,
- Hiriketiya Beach, which is located about 20 minutes from Tangalle, sometimes referred to as Hiri Beach, A newly found cove with fine, pale yellow sand and a clear blue sea is called Hiriketiya beach. Tall, slender palm trees generally line the bay’s perimeter. Despite being off the main road, this beach is fairly crowded. The bay’s waves are calm and secure. The bay is protected by a rocky mouth. Because of its year-round chilly temperature and visual tranquility, both locals and tourists commonly visit. At sunset, Horseshoe Bay has a stunning appearance.
- Rekawa beach, With a wide length of white sand blending with the calm blue waves of the Indian Ocean, the beach is a remarkably beautiful one. The palm trees that line the beach’s shoreline gently sway to the sound of the brisk air. There are numerous aquatic species that are known to be active around the beach.
- Silent Beach, is a beach that is only partially private and is situated in front of the opulent Amanwella resort. This modest, serene secret beach in the island nation is known by this name locally. In Sri Lanka’s Hambantota district, Silent Beach is close to Tangalle. The opulent Amanwella resort is just 100 meters from the beach. A ten-minute walk will take you to the popular and bustling Goyombokka beach.
There are many more beaches you can visit.
Day 7, 8 and 9 – Tangalle to Weligama & Weligama Beach
On day seven, we will be heading to Weligama, a well-known town. This town, which is a part of the Matara District, is situated on the country’s southern coast. Weligama has developed into the ideal location for fishing, surfing, and many other water sports because it has numerous beaches. It boasts numerous trustworthy surfing spots that are close to a number of hotels. Surfing lessons for beginners are available here at a reasonable cost. At the Weligama beach, you can go swimming and snorkeling without any hassles. To get to Jungle Beach, you’ll hike through the verdant woodlands. You are sure to have a wonderful time because it is the ideal location for swimming and snorkeling in the blue sea. There are many more activities you can do, like,
- Good Spa, if you’re looking for the ideal Ayurvedic treatment. After a strenuous day of city exploration, visiting this spa is unquestionably the best choice. Under the direction of skilled and knowledgeable Ayurveda professionals, Good Spa provides you with the best health and beauty treatments in a picturesque and cutting-edge environment.
- Experience the thrill of viewing the blue whale, the largest mammal in the world, in its natural habitat. Additionally, during sunsets, you can see a variety of other whale and dolphin species in their native habitat. Even though such unusual aquatic animals can be seen throughout the year, the months of October through April are thought to be the best. On the other hand, visitors can also take advantage of the warm seas of this tropical area by going swimming. They can arrange to go stand-up paddling at dusk with their families and friends.
You will be spending the rest of the tour in Weligama, enjoying the beaches and activities as you please.
Day 10 – Departure
On day ten of your fantastic Sri Lanka 10-Day Sri Lanka Beach Tour, our guide will pick you up from the hotel and take you back to the airport in time for your flight out. Your 10-day trip that you planned with Lanka Safe Tours would be magnificent and beautiful.